Newsletter date: 16 May 2015
Central Land Council
Newsletter date: 5 January 2015
Newsletter date: 3 January 2015
Last updated: 2 January 2015
Archive - Prior to 28 May 2014: Background to the proposed Muckaty nuclear waste dump in NT: https://indymedia.org.au/2012/04/22/background-to-the-proposed-muckaty-n...
Newsletter date: 30 April 2014
* 'concerned Australians': Survey of Aboriginal Adults residing outside the Northern Territory on The Intervention and Stronger Futures Legislation, Constitutional Change and Treaties
* Background to the Northern Territory (NT) Intervention
* Background to 'Stronger Futures' new NT Intervention laws
* Background to Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples
* Background to Treaties with Aboriginal Sovereign Nations of Australia
* Australian Government: Department of the Senate: Notification of disallowance
Newsletter date: 8 March 2014
* Karen Ashford, SBS World News Radio: APY elders share sacred songline with the world
* Darren Mara, SBS World News Radio: The Native Title Act, 20 years on
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Vote on Noongar Native Title deal must be all Noongars & in accordance with lore
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: [Noongar Elder] John Pell slams SWALSC [South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council]
Newsletter date: 27 August 2013
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
As such, 'WGAR News' does not endorse any particular political party, but simply includes information on political parties for the interest of readers.
Newsletter date: 31 May 2013
* CAAMA interview with AMSANT CEO John Paterson: Jail not the answer [Alcohol Mandatory treatment Bill]
* CAAMA: NT proposed Alcohol Mandatory treatment Bill
* ABC The World Today: Aboriginal justice, welfare groups call for rethink on NT plan to force alcoholics into rehab
* Dan Harrison, Canberra Times: NT plan to lock up drunks 'targets aborigines'
* Greens Senator Rachel Siewert: Greens express serious concerns over NT mandatory rehabilitation
* ABC: ACOSS attacks mandatory alcohol rehabilitation
Newsletter date: 21 April 2013
* SBS Living Black Audio Interview: Queensland's Stolen Wages to the Crime and Misconduct Commission
* SBS; AAP Video: Katter party fights for stolen Indigenous wages
* SBS Radionews Audio: Katter backs Queensland stolen wages return
* NIRS: Stolen Wages rally calls for compensation
* Tracker: CMC should probe stolen wages: Katter
* Central Land Council: Education is the key says new CLC Chair
* NIRS: Maurie Japarta Ryan to lead CLC