Racial Discrimination Act
Newsletter date: 3 May 2014
* Change.org Petition: Racism Ruins Lives - Keep Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act
* CommunityRun Petition: 'Stop the changes to the Racial Discrimination Act: Don't remove Section 18c'.
* Michelle Lovegrove, Living Black Radio: Racial Discrimination Is About All Of Us [Featuring Michael Nolan who set up a petition via the community website Community Run]
* Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre Inc.: Proposed changes to the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth)
Newsletter date: 31 March 2014
* Siv Parker, The Guardian: Repealing the race hate laws isn't 'freedom' to Indigenous people
* ABC News: Warren Mundine maintains criticism of Coalition's proposed changes to Racial Discrimination Act
* Professor Gillian Triggs, President, Australian Human Rights Commission: Proposed changes to the Race Discrimination Act: Bad cases make bad law
* Tim Soutphommasane, Canberra Times: Are we to favour bigotry over the right to live unaffected by it?
Newsletter date: 30 March 2014
* Tracker: Bigotry is not OK: NSWALC [New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council]
* Deahnna Richardson, Newcastle Herald: Letter: We need to be free of bigotry
* National Indigenous Radio Service: Congress: Indigenous Australians biggest complainants of discrimination
* National Indigenous Radio Service: Mundine hopeful of changing Government's mind on anti-racism laws
* National Indigenous Radio Service: Soutphommasane: No reason to change the Racial Discrimination Act
Newsletter date: 28 March 2014
* Ray Jackson, President of the Indigenous Social Justice Association: Sovereign Union: Gutting the Racial Discrimination Act
* Dr Chelsea Bond, ABC Indigenous: Andrew Bolt isn't a racist, but ...
* Congress: Proposed changes to the RDA threaten racial cohesion
* National Congress (congress mob) on Twitter: Submissions on changes to #RDA can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tara Callinan, NITV News: Data shows Aussies believe it should be unlawful to make racial insults: Researcher
Last updated: 4 May 2014
WGAR News: ... (4 May 14)
* Tim Soutphommasane, Australian Human Rights Commission: No case for changing race laws, says Race Discrimination Commissioner
* Australian Human Rights Commission: Racial Discrimination: Commission responds to Exposure Draft
* Chris Slee, Green Left: Meeting discusses Racial Discrimination Act changes
* Delia Lawrie, Territory Labor: Territory Law Plan to Tackle Racism
Newsletter date: 1 March 2014
* ABC Kimberley: James Price Point Aboriginal cultural leader passes away
* Greens Senator Rachel Siewert: Greens express 'deep sadness' over loss of Goolarabooloo law man
* ABC Indigenous: Greens pay tribute to Broome Indigenous leader
* Andrew Burrell, The Australian: James Price Point campaigner Mr Roe dies
* Background to the Walmadan Tent Embassy, James Price Point, north of Broome, Kimberley Region, WA
* Background to the Save The Kimberley Campaign - James Price Point, north of Broome, WA
Newsletter date: 2 December 2013
* SBS Living Black Radio's Marc Tong interviews Co-Chair of Congress Kirstie Parker: Congress Opposes RDA Amendments
* Geoffrey Brahm Levey & Helen Pringle, ABC The Drum: Why the 'Bolt laws' should stay
* ABC Lateline: "Professor Gillian Triggs, the President of the Australian Human Rights Commission discusses freedom of speech."
* Marina Freri, SBS Radionews: Groups combine to oppose Racial Discrimination Act change
* Brooke Boney, NITV News: Attorney-General under fire over Racial Discrimination Act
Newsletter date: 24 November 2013
* Paddy Gibson, Socialist Worker: Utopia: The brutal theft of a continent goes on in Australia
* Australian Times: Interview - John Pilger exposes Australia's shocking secret in Utopia
* Niall Mulholland, from The Socialist: An interview with the maker of Utopia, John Pilger
* The Stringer: John Pilger - 'Utopia' - launches in Australia in January
* JohnPilger.com : "Utopia will be launched in Australia in January"
* JohnPilger.com : Utopia reviews
* Background to the Northern Territory (NT) Intervention
The Human Rights Alliance: Deaths in Custody: Australia's horrific record - The Australian Senate lets us down. Motion is an insult.
The Australian Senate approved the Greens Motion to acknowledge the rising Aboriginal incarceration rates and deaths in custody in lieu of Friday 15, April which marks twenty years since the release of the 339 recommendations and Final Report of the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody.