Newsletter date: 8 December 2014
Northern Territory Aboriginal rights events for your diary
WGAR events postings for each State and Territory: http://indymedia.org.au/2013/01/03/about-wgar-news-wgar-events-postings
Click on the links for details of the events ...
Event: 6 - 9 June 2014: Barunga, NT
"The festival benefits the community of Barunga and the
people of the region economically, socially and culturally. ...
In 1988, as the rest of Australia was celebrating 200 years
of white settlement, Barunga was the site of Aboriginal
leaders coming together, and presenting Prime Minister
Newsletter date: 11 April 2014
* Damien Williams & Paul Wiles, CAAMA Radio: Lawyer and Social Justice group has good news for Muckaty Mob ... [Featuring Natalie Wasley & Lizzie O'Shea]
* Background to the proposed Muckaty nuclear waste dump in NT
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Wiluna Martu peoples against uranium mining
* 3CR Community Radio Radioactive Show interviews Yvonne Margarula, Jacqui Katona & Jo Vallentine about the Jabiluka blockade
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Territory top of the mining ranks but bottom of barrel deal for First Peoples
Newsletter date: 5 December 2013
* Ryan Emery, SBS Radionews: Elder pleads with BHP "don't make me bankrupt"
* Ryan Emery & Greg Dyett, SBS Radionews: Indigenous elder appeals to BHP Billiton
* Babs McHugh, ABC Rural: Aboriginal elder Kevin Buzzacott gets no answer from BHP AGM
* Background to expansion of Olympic Dam mine challenge
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Forty uranium mines is the plan for Western Australia
* WANFA nuclearfree WA, YouTube: WANFA roadshow [an interview with Curtis Taylor]
Newsletter date: 3 October 2013
* Glen Klatovsky speaks at the Aboriginal Support Group answering the question: What is happening in the Kimberley?
* Glen Klatovsky speaks at Building Bridges about the Kimberley Gas Hub: For and Against
* Kimberley and James Price Point (JPP) News
* German Language: Rettet die Kimberley Kampagne - Artikel fuer Amnesty International Rundbrief 2013
* Background to the Save The Kimberley Campaign - James Price Point, north of Broome, WA
Last updated: 16 May 2014
WGAR News: The Wire - West Arnhem Regional Council: Our environmental achiever [Featuring Alice Eather] (16 May 14)
[scroll down page] http://indymedia.org.au/2014/05/15/wgar-news-petition-for-a-commission-d...
WGAR News: ... (11 Apr 14)
* Sovereign Union: Arnhem Land traditional owners flag High Court action to prevent mining industry fracking