Muckaty Traditional Owner and hip-hop artist Kylie Sambo, seen here with supporters outside the Federal Court in Melbourne, and Traditional Owner Dianne Stokes were in town for the start of the long-awaited challenge to the nomination of of Aboriginal land at Muckaty as a site for Australia’s first national nuclear waste dump.
Newsletter date: 5 August 2013
* CAAMA Radio interviews Penny Phillips and Lauren Mellor: Federal minister visits Muckaty Station
* Tennant & District Times: Federal Minister visits Muckaty
* Caddie Brain, ABC Rural: Federal Minister visits Muckaty Station
* Tracker: Abandon nuke dump proposal, NT elders urge
* 3CR interview with Dianne Stokes, Lizzie O'Shea and Nat Wasley: Same dump, different Minister. Keeping Muckaty nuclear free
* Dave Sweeney, The Guardian: Plan to use Aboriginal land as a nuclear waste dump is flawed and misguided