Newsletter date: 7 January 2015
* Homepage of New 'National Freedom Movement' website: http://freedommovement2014.wix.com/freedommovement
* About: National Freedom Movement What's it about?
* Freedom Summit - The Delegates
* Upcoming Forums: Stringer Facebook: "Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide forums in the next couple of weeks are an opportunity to hear about the Freedom Movement's Sit-In at Canberra commencing on January 26."
* Audio Interview: 4ZZZ Brisbane: Indigi-Briz interviews Michael Anderson about the Freedom Summit
* News: Ray Jackson, Redfern-Waterloo Community Action: Redfern Tent Embassy Forum and Canberra Sit-In [Includes updated Sydney flyer]
* News: Ray Jackson, Indymedia Australia: Call to NSW Redfern Tent Embassy Forum and Canberra Sit-In
* News: Diet Simon, Linksunten Indymedia: Australian Aborigines preparing for Canberra sit-in [Includes Sydney flyer]
* WGAR Background to the National Freedom Movement
* WGAR Background to 'The Freedom Summit'
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
- Homepage of New 'National Freedom Movement' website
National Freedom Movement
"They gathered at the Old Bungalow at Mparntwe (Alice Springs) from across the continent and for two days in the centre of this continent, ... A delegation of 20 was endorsed by the Freedom Summit to mobilise around it the First Peoples of this continent to stand up united and reclaim the "Aboriginal Rights Struggle". ... on January 26, the delegation will converge on Canberra - and begin a sit-in right outside Parliament. Thousands will join them, and in so doing, so will the world’s press (The Stringer - Gerry Georgatos 2014)"
[Includes updated flyers for Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane]
Jan 15 Thu
Adelaide Community Forum
Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute ... "
"Jan 18 Sun
Redfern Community Forum
The Block, Redfern Aboriginal tent Embassy
3:00pm-5:00pm ... "
"Jan 20 Tue
Brisbane Aboriginal Sovereign Embassy Community Forum
Musgrave Park, Brisbane Aboriginal Embassy ... "
National Freedom Movement What's it about?
"We came from the north, south east and west to form a new body of legitimately nominated representatives of our communities. Together, united we stand strong in the face of the adversity that has been thrust upon us from every consequence of colonisation. United we stand strong and will build the freedom movement at the grass roots levels of our communities. ... "
Freedom Summit - The Delegates
"In a bid to build a new national, non-government body to accurately represent the voices, concerns and needs of the First Peoples of Australia, ... an initial 20 delegates were nominated at the Summit For Freedom in Mparntwe (Alice Springs). ... Next step is Canberra on January 26 2015 where the delegates, communities and supporters will sit-in at Parliament house until the voices of the Original People's are heard."
- Upcoming Forums
Stringer Facebook: "Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide forums in the next couple of weeks are an opportunity to hear about the Freedom Movement's Sit-In at Canberra commencing on January 26."
Brisbane flyer: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=576964045781474
Brisbane flyer: https://www.facebook.com/TheStringerNews/photos/pcb.576967109114501/5769...
Sydney flyer: https://www.facebook.com/TheStringerNews/photos/pcb.576967109114501/5769...
Adelaide flyer: https://www.facebook.com/TheStringerNews/photos/pcb.576967109114501/5769...
- Audio Interview
4ZZZ Brisbane: Indigi-Briz interviews Michael Anderson about the Freedom Summit
4 Jan 15: "Kristy from Indigi-Briz (1-3pm Sundays) speaks with Michael Anderson about the Freedom Summit."
Redfern-Waterloo Community Action: Redfern Tent Embassy Forum and Canberra Sit-In
5 Jan 15: " ... speakers at the block tent embassy will be aunt jenny munro who has fought for aboriginal rights all her life and continues to do so. ghillar michael anderson sadly has had to cancel due to other problems. other speakers will be our two non-aboriginal stalwarts gerry georgatos and jeff mcmullen who also need no introduction due to their strong and constant campaigns on behalf of the aboriginal people. other speakers are unknown at this point of time. aunt jenny is one of the freedom summit delegates as is her brother, les coe. michael too is a delegate. jeff, gerry and myself also attended the summit. ... " ray jackson, president, indigenous social justice association
Indymedia Australia: Call to NSW Redfern Tent Embassy Forum and Canberra Sit-In
26 Dec 14: "please see below information on the forum to be held at the redfern aboriginal tent embassy at the block on sunday 18 january, 2015 beginning at 3pm. this forum matched other freedom summit forums being held in every capital city around australia prior to the national meeting being held over the invasion day 26 january period. ... the national meetings will be a clarion call to all of mobs to come to canberra to support the freedom delegation in putting our demands to parliament. ... " ray jackson, president, indigenous social justice association
Linksunten Indymedia: Australian Aborigines preparing for Canberra sit-in
26 Dec 14: "Indigenous people from all over Australia are being called to a gathering in the capital, Canberra, on 26 January to formulate demands to the national parliament. ... A series of preparatory regional meetings start in Adelaide on the 15th and continue in Melbourne (17th), Sydney (18th), Brisbane (20th) and Alice Springs (22nd). A two-day "freedom summit" took place in late November in Alice Springs ... , where delegates were elected to fire up people in their respective home regions. ... " Created by: Diet Simon
WGAR Background to the National Freedom Movement
(last updated: 27 December 2014)
WGAR Background to 'The Freedom Summit': Alice Springs 27-28 November 2014
(last updated: 26 December 2014)
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA) and South Australia (SA);
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 3-4 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.