Newsletter date: 22 September 2015
* Media Release: #SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA 5th Global Call to action announced: Stop the Forced Closure of Aboriginal Communities in Australia
* Fund-Raising: Indiegogo: SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA - Save our Aboriginal Communities
* For more information:
* WGAR Background: Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in WA and SA (and NT?)
WGAR News postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
- Media Release
#SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA 5th Global Call to action announced:
Stop the Forced Closure of Aboriginal Communities in Australia
16 Sep 15: "With the recent change of leadership in the current LNP government and last week’s announcement of eight Indigenous individuals confirmed to determine the fate of 274 Aboriginal Communities in Western Australia alongside what the Government claims to be a ‘consultative process’, a new date has been set for the 5th Global Call to Action – Friday 27th November 2015.
... #SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA grew out of necessity in the response to the threatened forced closure of Aboriginal communities. Our extended reach is in excess of 12 million people and our direct reach is close to 75,000. Our goal goes well beyond any ‘consultation’. Regardless of who is prime minister, we are committed to keeping our communities on their homelands and we have been consulting among our own people to develop sustainable and viable models for communities, outstations and seasonal campsites.
To support this work, we are steadily galvanising support from NGOs, unions, the legal fraternity and public figures and have built a skills database with submissions from thousands of everyday people worldwide, who care as much as we do about our Aboriginal culture and human rights. ...
#SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA itself will be scaled up to increase its capacity, whilst supporting a cultural revolution, political platform and fundraising campaign. ... "
Indiegogo: SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA - Save our Aboriginal Communities
"Help us raise the funds to make our Aboriginal Australian communities sustainable.
#SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA - Help us stop the Forced Closure of Aboriginal Communities
#SOSBLAKAUSTRALIA is an Aboriginal led peoples movement that grew out of necessity in the response to the threatened forced closure of Aboriginal communities. Through social media, in 6 months, we were able to extend our reach to 12 million people worldwide, of which you are a part. ... By donating now, you will be making a contribution to enable Aboriginal Communities to access green energy, which is a critical step forward in viability and one we will be able to leverage on for further support. ... "
WGAR Background: Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in WA and SA (and NT?)
(last updated: 18 August 2015)
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), [and Northern Territory (NT)?];
* Treaties with Aboriginal Sovereign Nations of Australia;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 5-6 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
'WGAR News' postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire