As Anarchist Radio Berlin we talked with an UK-based prisoner support activist about capitalism and recent changes in judicial law. This concerns especially legal aids and the introduction of so-called "court costs", showing clearly an ever more class-based judicial system.
Newsletter date: 7 August 2015; last updated 7 August 2015, 3:20pm AEST
* Audio Interview: Cassandra Tim, Adam Evans & Grace Pashley, NIRS Weekly News-in-Review: http://www.nirs.org.au/PROGRAMS/NIRS-Weekly-News-in-Review
A lead spokesperson for the Wangan and Jagalingou family groups Murrawah Johnson speaking about the unsuccessful Carmichael coal mine
Newsletter date: 11 August 2015; last updated 11 August 2015 8:30pm AEST
* Speech: The Northern Myth: Vincent Lingiari Memorial Lecture 2015. "You can keep your gold. We just want our land back." [featuring speech by Jeff McMullen]
* Radio Interview: Mornings with Rebecca McLaren, ABC Darwin: Lingiari lecture 2015: Jeff McMullen
The following items were posted over the course of the past year or so onto the Facebook page of The Australian Radical Leftist Network. I have decided that the importance of the issues raised within the material posted to that Facebook page demands wider exposure in the left media in this country, and possibly abroad. Therefore I am initially forwarding slightly-edited copies of these posts to the (Perth) Indymedia site in Australia.
- Graham Milner
Graham Milner: February 16, 2015
Newsletter date: 6 August 2015
* News Analysis: Michael West, Sydney Morning Herald: Adani shown the door by traditional owners
* Compilation: ACF - Australian Conservation Foundation: The Galilee Basin - The tiny finch and the mega mine
* News Analysis: Paul Sinclair, ACF - Australian Conservation Foundation: The tiny finch and the mega mine
The following was written by the now deceased <predator> back in 2001. Most of the URLs are now broken and the technology referred to may seem old and out of date but the issues he describes and solutions proposed are still worth considering today, now more than ever.
Newsletter date: 5 August 2015
* Upcoming facebook Event: Where To From Here? Getting it right for Aboriginal Australia - Monday 17th August 2015, Melbourne
* Upcoming facebook Event: Aboriginal & Asian Cultures - More 'Same Same' than Different - Wednesday 19th August 2015, Melbourne
* Upcoming Event: Why Warriors Presents Bridging the Gap Seminar - Darwin - 20 & 21 October 2015
Newsletter date: 4 August 2015
* Audio Interview: Let's Talk's Amy McQuire & Tiga Bayles interview Celeste Liddle about Adam Goodes and Constitutional Recognition
* Audio Interview: Let's Talk's Amy McQuire & Tiga Bayles interview Chris Graham about Adam Goodes
* Audio Podcasts: Let's Talk - 98.9 FM: http://www.989fm.com.au/category/podcasts/lets-talk/
German language news commentary - Nachrichten Kommentar
Newsletter date: 3 August 2015, 7:40pm AEST
* Media Alert: 31/07/15: Joint Statement of Support for Adam Goodes
* Joint Statement: "Australia must and can be better than this" - Joint Statement on racism directed at Adam Goodes
None of this is likely to be reported in the State controllled media, so a summary is below:
Media release dated 30 July 2015.
Newsletter date: 3 August 2015
* Analysis / Opinion: Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Understanding the abominable jail & suicide rates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
* Analysis / Opinion: Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: An eleven year old suicides, nine months later his mother takes her life - this nation’s worst racism
* Analysis / Opinion: Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: Inequality and racism are the offspring of exploitation
Update of 2 August 2015, 2:45pm AEST
Newsletter date: 31 July 2015
* Event showcase: National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Children's Day Celebrate with us on August 4, 2015
* Video clip: SNAICC YouTube: National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day 2015
* Videos: SNAICC YouTube channel [featuring Courtenay Dempsey, 2015 Children's Day ambassador]
Dear Radio Friend,
The latest Shortwave Report (July 31) is up at the website http://www.outfarpress.com/shortwave.shtml in 3 forms- (new) HIGHEST QUALITY (160kb)(33MB), broadcast quality (13MB), and quickdownload or streaming form (6MB) (28:59) Links at page bottom
Journalist, film-maker and author, John Pilger is one of only two to win British journalism’s highest award twice. For his documentary films, he has won an Emmy and a BAFTA. His epic Cambodia Year Zero is ranked by the BFI as one of the ten most important documentaries of the 20th century. "John Pilger unearths, with steely attention to facts, the filthy truth and tells it as it is" (Harold Pinter). "Pilger’s work has truly been a beacon of light in dark times" (Noam Chomsky).
Newsletter date: 2 August 2015; last updated 10:45am AEST to include Intervention anthology launch on 2 September 2015 Sydney
Respect and Listen Compilation: The Intervention: an Anthology:
Speeches recorded at Matagarup Tent Embassy by Eleanor Gilbert;
2 x (Yeellerie/Kintyre) WA No Uranium mines campaign info (5min) docos;
'Protecting Manuwangku' No National Nuclear Waste Dump campaign movie (half hour).
Date and Time:
Thursday, August 6, 2015 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Perplexing miconceptions about money in history and now - A story performed by Len Martin and written by Graham Ferguson from his series about debt finance.
12:11 min 128 kbps stereo 11.1 MB