Northern Territory Intervention
whilst twiggy forrest is running around the country attempting to sell his master plan to 'save' we aborigines from our 60 000+ years of culture and history. to, in a sense, to save us from ourselves.
apparently there are thousands upon thousands of well paid jobs if we only become romany-like and travel around the country picking fruit. we just need to leave our ancestral lands and become full-time itinerants.
The message from very many Aboriginal Peoples in Australia to the Australian Government is that the time is long overdue for genuine negotiation on treaties.
Please watch this 8 minute You-Tube video clip:
Sovereign Union of First Nations and Peoples in Australia
Asserting Australia's First Nations Sovereignty into Governance
Media Release 4 August 2014
Fred Chaney's absolute deceit â€“learn from the past and beware of â€śRecogniseâ€ť
Michael Anderson, convenor of the Sovereign Union of Aboriginal Nations and Peoples in Australia and Head of State of Euahlayi Peoples Republic said from Goodooga today:
30 May 2014
Yolngu Nations Assembly
99-Year Township Leases
Yolngu Nations Assembly (YNA) urges the Commonwealth Government and indigenous communities to consult carefully before considering entering into 99-year township leases.
In October last year, Senator Nigel Scullion announced that Gunbalanya traditional owners had agreed to work towards finalising a 99-year lease by 30 June 2014, stating that he and the traditional owners â€śagreed that a township lease was the most effective way to achieve economic and commercial development in Gunbalanya.â€ť
Newsletter date: 30 May 2014
* NACCHO: Aboriginal controlled health services can close the gap in employment
* Eduardo Jordan, The Wire: Are we really closing the gap? [Featuring Greg Craven and Justin Mohamed]
* NACCHO: Fears Tony Abbott will widen Indigenous health gap
* The Stringer: Who do we believe? Different findings, Reform Council & Close the Gap
* Marie McInerney, Croakey: Latest 'close the gap' update on Indigenous health underlines alarm over #Budget2014 cuts
* Michael McKenna, The Australian: Health overhaul closes the gap
Newsletter date: 28 May 2014
* Mon 26 May 2014 - National Day of Action Marking National Sorry Day: Stop Ongoing Stolen Generations!
* Wed 28 May 2014 - Alice Springs Forum marking National Sorry Day: The NT Intervention & The New Stolen Generation
* Debra Swan, The Guardian: Why I chose to quit my job in Aboriginal child protection
* Michael Safi, The Guardian: Sorry Day rallies call for changes to state child-protection regimes
* Emma Lancaster, The Wire: Gomeroi Grandmothers warn of a new stolen generation
Newsletter date: 27 May 2014
* johnpilger.com : Utopia, John Pilger's latest film, to be broadcast on SBS Australia on 31 May
* Chris Graham, New Matilda: Utopia: The Inside Story
* The Stringer: A long way to go for 'Utopia'
* Background to 'Utopia', John Pilger's documentary film about Aboriginal people in Australia
* Background to the Northern Territory (NT) Intervention
* johnpilger.com : UTOPIA, JOHN PILGER'S LATEST FILM, TO BE BROADCAST ON SBS AUSTRALIA ON 31 MAY
Newsletter date: 25 May 2014
* Sovereign Union: Anderson: You cannot benefit from murder ... Time does not erase murder
* Brisbane Aboriginal Sovereign Embassy: Mega-charities killing Aboriginal people
* Background to the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies
* Gerry Georgatos, The Stringer: The Loner - Black protest music to bring on the hope
* Nadine Schoen, The Stringer: Aboriginal issues, in the context of a capitalist system
* Nadine Schoen, Green Left: Way forward for Aboriginal struggle
Northern Territory Aboriginal rights events for your diary
WGAR events postings for each State and Territory: http://indymedia.org.au/2013/01/03/about-wgar-news-wgar-events-postings
Click on the links for details of the events ...
New Event: 25 May 2014: Tennant Creek, NT
Community rally and concert: No nuclear waste dump at Muckaty
"All welcome to join the community rally in Tennant Creek on
May 25, or send a banner of support to be included in the
march. This day marks 7 years since the Northern Land
Council nominated a site on Muckaty to be assessed for a