Newsletter date: 5 October 2015
'concerned Australians': The Intervention - an Anthology: http://www.concernedaustralians.com.au/#INTANT
Respect and Listen: The Intervention - an Anthology: http://www.respectandlisten.org/nt-intervention/intervention-anthology.html
"In March 2015 Indigenous affairs minister Nigel Scullion announced the successful recipients to receive funding from the Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS). In spite of this, a need for a coordinated national approach to the funding, monitoring and evaluation of service delivery for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities remains ever pressing.
In just a few weeks, the early 20th Century Federation bungalow at 13 Highview Lane, Neutral Bay, also known as 1 Premier Street, will be demolished, to be replaced by a five storey hulking cement and aluminium monstrosity, another blight on the landscape of this historic suburb.
The approval process has taken over a year, no doubt due to strong objections from residents of Neutral Bay, a suburb full of historic houses from the early days of settlement. It is said that the process began ten years ago.
Newsletter date: 4 September 2015
* News Analysis: Danny Teece-Johnson, NITV News: AHC signs compromise deal over low-income housing at the Block
* News Analysis: Alexander Lewis, Altmedia: Sydney's "black heart" to keep beating
* Photos: Newzulu Australia: Sydney: Fires burn for the last time at Redfern Aboriginal Tent Embassy
Newsletter date: 1 September 2015
* Media Release: Stop the Intervention Collective Sydney (STICS): Bad Interventions - How Governments Stuff it up: The Intervention – An Anthology
* Upcoming Event: Indymedia Australia: The Intervention - an Anthology: Booklaunch Panel Discussion - Redfern, Sydney - Wednesday, 2 September 2015
* WGAR Background: Intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities by the Federal government
Newsletter date: 29 August 2015; ; last updated 8:30pm AEST
* Audio: SoundCloud - triple j Hack: Redfern tent embassy protesters claim victory [featuring Lorna Munro. Her Mum, Jenny Munro, started the tent embassy]
* News Analysis: Sarah McVeigh, triple j Hack: The Block: Tent embassy protesters claim win at The Block
* facebook video: Jenny Munro on ABC24 [interview with Jenny Munro, founder of Redfern Aboriginal Tent Embassy]
Newsletter date: 28 August 2015; last updated 5:10pm AEST
* Video & News Analysis: Danny Teece-Johnson, NITV News: At Redfern's the Block, spirits lifted after Tent Embassy win [includes NITV News Live from The Block]
* Video: Newzulu Australia: [Video] Sydney: Redfern Aboriginal Tent Embassy comments on housing deal [featuring Jenny Munro, founder of the Redfern Aboriginal Tent Embassy]
Newsletter date: 27 August 2015; last updated 8:50pm AEST, 27 August 2015
* News Analysis: Tom Joyner & Justin Pen, Honi Soit: Black heart, still beating: Redfern Aboriginal Tent Embassy claims important housing victory
* News Analysis: Lucy McNally and staff, ABC News: Redfern Tent Embassy claims victory with Aboriginal housing deal
Stop the Intervention Collective Sydney (STICS): http://www.stoptheintervention.org/
STICS Media Release 1 Sep 15: Bad Interventions - How Governments Stuff it up: http://stoptheintervention.org/facts/press-releases/bad-interventions---...