Newsletter date: 5 August 2015
* Upcoming facebook Event: Where To From Here? Getting it right for Aboriginal Australia - Monday 17th August 2015, Melbourne
* Upcoming facebook Event: Aboriginal & Asian Cultures - More 'Same Same' than Different - Wednesday 19th August 2015, Melbourne
* Upcoming Event: Why Warriors Presents Bridging the Gap Seminar - Darwin - 20 & 21 October 2015
* Book: Why Warriors Lie Down And Die by Richard Trudgen: http://www.whywarriors.com.au/products/index.php
WGAR News postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
- Upcoming Event
Where To From Here?
Getting it right for Aboriginal Australia
Monday 17th August 2015, Melbourne
"Join us for an illuminating talk by veteran community educator, author and presenter Richard Trudgen, as he unveils the causes and solutions to the current state of play in Indigenous affairs.
Discover practical answers to the hard questions.
"Why are health, education and employment outcomes in Indigenous communities still so poor?"
"Why are Government programs not working?"
"How can remote Aboriginal communities remain viable?"
"How can I improve my work with and for Aboriginal people?"
Finalist for Senior Australian of the Year 2015, Richard has been living and working with the Yolŋu peoples of Northeast Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory for the last 40 years. He has dedicated his life to supporting Indigenous communities achieve self-determination as well as improve mainstream engagement with Indigenous Australia. ... "
Date: Monday 17th August 2015
Venue: CERES Community Environment Park, Cnr Roberts and Stewart Streets, East Brunswick, VIC 3057
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Entry: $30 ($20 concession)
To register, please visit: www.cvent.com/d/9rqr7s
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/840754516009835/
- Upcoming Event
Aboriginal & Asian Cultures - More ‘Same Same’ than Different
"Would your organization like to develop its inter-cultural competency and raise employee engagement levels?
Join us for a free innovative seminar, hosted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, presented by cross-cultural experts Richard Trudgen, Patti McCarthy & Ken Woo."
Wednesday 19th August 2015
PwC, Freshwater Place
2 Southbank Blvd
- Upcoming Event
Why Warriors Presents
Bridging the Gap Seminar
Darwin - 20 & 21 October 2015
"The team from Why Warriors has run the Bridging the Gap cross-cultural training seminars for over ten years, with presenters coming from both sides of the cultural divide to create a very rich and deep human experience. ...
Hosted by Richard Trudgen, author of acclaimed book Why Warriors Lie Down and Die in partnership with Witiyana Marika, a founding member of internationally renowned Yothu Yindi band, and Dianne Gondarra, Yolŋu language consultant and presenter on Yolŋu Radio. ... "
Why Warriors Lie Down And Die by Richard Trudgen
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), [and Northern Territory (NT)?];
* Treaties with Aboriginal Sovereign Nations of Australia;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 5-6 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
'WGAR News' postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire