Newsletter date: 31 July 2015
* Event showcase: National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Children's Day Celebrate with us on August 4, 2015
* Video clip: SNAICC YouTube: National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day 2015
* Videos: SNAICC YouTube channel [featuring Courtenay Dempsey, 2015 Children's Day ambassador]
* Media Release: SNAICC: Celebrate National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day - 4 August 2015
* About Us - SNAICC
* News: NACCHO supports Little People, Big Futures by celebrating Children's Day 2015
* About Us - What is NACCHO?: http://nacchocommunique.com/about/
WGAR News postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire
WGAR News Public Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB#!forum/wgar-news
WGAR News - Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
- Event showcase
National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Children's Day Celebrate with us on August 4, 2015
"The Event Showcase is a great way to find how other organisations, communities, friends and families are celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day all across Australia! There are 120 events registered across the country already! Follow the link for your state or territory to find a local event in your area. If you want to better promote your own event, fill out the event registry form to have your event added to the Event Showcase and let everyone know how you’re going to celebrate our little ones on 4 August. ... "
"New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory"
- Video clip
SNAICC YouTube: National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day 2015
9 Jul 15: "National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day (Children’s Day) is an opportunity for all Australians to celebrate the strengths and culture of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children."
SNAICC YouTube channel
- Media Release
Celebrate National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day – 4 August 2015
Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care (SNAICC)
28 Jul 15: "National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day, held on 4 August annually, celebrates and recognises the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. This year’s theme is Little People, Big Futures – we want all our kids to stand tall, so that they can feel connected and proud of their cultures.
National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children's Day is the largest national day to celebrate our children and is also a great opportunity to learn about the positive influence that community, culture, family and our services play in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
SNAICC Chairperson, Sharron Williams comments: "Children’s Day is a fantastic opportunity to increase awareness of the importance of celebrating our children’s strengths and making sure our kids grow up strong in culture.
"This day is a time for all Australians to show their support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, as well as learn about the crucial impact that community, culture and family play in shaping identity outcomes for the next generation of children and their whole mob. ... ""
About Us - SNAICC
We are a national non government peak body in Australia representing the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care (SNAICC)
NACCHO supports Little People, Big Futures by celebrating Children's Day 2015
NACCHO Aboriginal Health News Alerts:
The national authority in Aboriginal primary health care-Aboriginal health in Aboriginal hands
29 Jul 15: " On all these issues we see a significant disparity between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal children and the effect on families and communities is devastating," "We often refer to children as our future, but they are also our present and have the right to be heard, and to be able to participate in the discourse and decision making that affects them. " " ... National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day on 4 August provides all Australians with an opportunity to recognise the strengths and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, as well as draw attention to the issues that affect them. ... "
About Us - What is NACCHO?
"The National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) is the national peak Aboriginal health body representing Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services throughout Australia. An Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS) or an Aboriginal Medical Service (AMS) is a primary health care service initiated and operated by the local Aboriginal community to deliver holistic, comprehensive, and culturally appropriate health care to the community which controls it (through a locally elected Board of Management). In keeping with the philosophy of self-determination, Aboriginal communities operate over 140 AMSs across Australia. ... "
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* The Freedom Summit's National Freedom Movement;
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), [and Northern Territory (NT)?];
* Treaties with Aboriginal Sovereign Nations of Australia;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Removal of Aboriginal children and the continuing Stolen Generation;
* Aboriginal peoples and the impact of the Australian Federal Budget;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 5-6 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
'WGAR News' postings on Indymedia Australia: https://indymedia.org.au/newswire