Last updated: 11 June 2015
Archive - Prior to 16 May 2014: Background to the Protect Arnhem Land Campaign, Northern Territory (NT): https://indymedia.org.au/2013/10/02/background-to-the-protect-arnhem-lan...
Archive - Prior to 1 June 2014: WGAR background info web-pages: https://indymedia.org.au/2013/01/03/about-wgar-news-wgar-background-info...
Current: WGAR Background: Intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities by the Federal government: https://indymedia.org.au/2015/06/08/wgar-background-intervention-into-no...
Current: WGAR Background Info Web-Pages: https://indymedia.org.au/2014/12/24/wgar-background-info-web-pages
WGAR News: NT Frack Free Alliance: ABC video
9 Jan 15: "Contents:
* Video: Protect Arnhem Land: ABC News last night - NT Frack Free Alliance
* News: Protect Arnhem Land: The PAL team express their concerns
* News: Protect Arnhem Land: The Boroloola Mob respond to Giles' remarks about objectors needing to be educated
* News: Northern Land Council: Land Rights News - Northern Edition: TOs speak up on fracking
* Homepage of Protect Arnhem Land (PAL): http://www.protectarnhemland.org/
* Respect and Listen Background: Protect Arnhem Land
* WGAR Background: Protect Arnhem Land (PAL) campaign, Northern Territory (NT)
* Analysis / Opinion: Jon Altman, Land Rights News - Northern Edition: A White Paper for Black Australia: developing the north - for whom?"
WGAR News: New 'Protect Arnhem Land' (PAL) website
8 Dec 14: "Contents:
* Homepage of Protect Arnhem Land (PAL) website: http://www.protectarnhemland.org/
* About: Protect Arnhem Land
* The Issues: Protect Arnhem Land
* News: Protect Arnhem Land: We're sending a delegation to Don't Destroy the North
* News: Protect Arnhem Land: The PAL team in action
* Photos & Videos: Protect Arnhem Land
* Stand with us: Protect Arnhem Land
* News: Facebook: Protect Arnhem Land Community
* Background: Respect and Listen: Protect Arnhem Land
* WGAR Background to the Protect Arnhem Land Campaign"
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in WA and SA;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 3 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.