Last updated: 2 January 2015
Archive - Prior to 28 May 2014: Background to the proposed Muckaty nuclear waste dump in NT: https://indymedia.org.au/2012/04/22/background-to-the-proposed-muckaty-n...
Archive - Prior to 1 June 2014: WGAR background info web-pages: https://indymedia.org.au/2013/01/03/about-wgar-news-wgar-background-info...
Current: WGAR Background Info Web-Pages: https://indymedia.org.au/2014/12/24/wgar-background-info-web-pages
WGAR News: ...
3 Jan 15: "Contents: ...
* Analysis / Opinion: Central Land Council: Land Rights News - Central Australia: Nuke dump dilemma
* WGAR Background: Proposals to dump nuclear waste on Aboriginal lands"
WGAR News: Muckaty Traditional Owners respond to proposed new nuclear waste dump nomination
9 Nov 14: "Contents:
News & Action due November 10, 2014: Beyond Nuclear Initiative (BNI): It’s time to manage Australia’s radioactive waste - not dump it
News: Beyond Nuclear Initiative (BNI): Response to proposed new Muckaty nuclear waste nomination
Statement: Penny Phillips Napangardi & Dianne Stokes Nampin: Statement from Muckaty Traditional Owners regarding proposed new nuclear waste dump nomination on Muckaty Land Trust
Media Release: Central Land Council (CLC): No nuclear waste dump site nominated
News: Xavier La Canna, ABC: Central Land Council rules out nuclear dump in Tanami region of Central Australia
News: 7 News: 'No nuclear dump' in NT central desert
News: Zach Hope, NT News: Progress on bid for new radioactive waste dump at Muckaty Station
News: Helen Davidson, The Guardian: Muckaty Station owners propose new site for nuclear waste dump"
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* Plans to close Aboriginal homelands / remote communities in WA and SA;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies;
* Justice Reinvestment, Aboriginal imprisonment and Aboriginal Deaths in Custody;
* Aboriginal land rights and mining;
* Suicide and self-harm in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities;
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health and wellbeing;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' gives priority to grassroots Aboriginal voices and grassroots voices in solidarity with Aboriginal peoples' rights.
The role of 'WGAR News' is to facilitate the voices of others, and as such, 'WGAR News' rarely writes its own articles.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources.
These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items, audio, videos and events.
Subscribers can expect to receive about 3 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.