Newsletter date: 18 January 2013
Background info page:
Background to the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and the Aboriginal tent embassies:
* Aboriginal Sovereignty websites
(Last updated: 2 January 2013)
* Foundation Meeting of the Sovereign Union - National Unity Government (MR: 25 May 2012)
(Last updated: 25 May 2012)
* Aboriginal Tent Embassy, Canberra, ACT
(Last updated: 15 November 2012)
* Aboriginal Tent Embassy 40th Anniversary, Canberra, ACT
(Last updated: 22 December 2012)
* Brisbane Aboriginal Sovereign Embassy, Musgrave Park, South Brisbane, Qld
(Last updated: 15 January 2013)
* Bulahdelah Aboriginal Tent Embassy, Bulahdelah, NSW
(Last updated: 29 January 2010)
* Goomeroi Sovereign Tent Embassy, Moree, NSW
(Last updated: 22 September 2012)
* Nyoongar Tent Embassy, Heirisson Island, Perth, WA
(Last updated: 20 August 2012)
* Portland Aboriginal Tent Embassy, Market Square, Portland, Vic
(Last updated: 21 May 2012)
* Sandon Point Aboriginal Tent Embassy, north of Wollongong, NSW
(Last updated: 29 November 2012)
* Walmadan Tent Embassy, James Price Point, north of Broome, Kimberley Region, WA
(Last updated: 1 January 2013)
* Other Aboriginal Tent Embassies around Australia
(Last updated: 20 November 2012)
* Northern Murray-Darling Basin Aboriginal Nations (NBAN)
(Last updated: 25 November 2012)
* Western Australian Nuclear Free Alliance (WANFA)
(Last updated: 20 September 2012)
- - -
About WGAR News:
Subscription to 'WGAR News' is free.
'WGAR News' monitors the media, including alternative media, focusing on:
* the Australian Federal government intervention into Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities;
* the Aboriginal sovereignty movement and tent embassies;
* other Aboriginal rights issues; and
* upcoming Aboriginal rights events around Australia.
'WGAR News' publishes information and opinions from a wide range of sources. These opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of WGAR.
The e-newsletters include media releases, opinion pieces, news items and events. Subscribers can expect to receive about 5 or 6 e-newsletters each week.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
To unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words "unsubscribe WGAR News" in the message header.
- - -
You can also subscribe to our second list 'Contact WGAR' which provides a point of contact and includes occasional activities and events.
To subscribe, email email@example.com and include the words "subscribe WGAR Contact" in the message header.
- - -
WGAR: Working Group for Aboriginal Rights (Australia)
WGAR Website: http://wgar.wordpress.com/